What is an SRES®?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS®who have successfully completed a series of educational courses on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
- Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- Works first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
- Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
- Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
Benefits of Working with the Windermere Senior Transitions Team
As we age, we demand specialists in our health needs, so why not in our housing and equity needs as well?
Your Windermere Senior Transitions Team will provide…
- A customized approach to your situation, working to fit your living situation in with your overall life plan
- Expertise and patience throughout the transaction
- An awareness of options and a network of solid, reliable referrals to help you in the process
- A variety of choices to reduce out of pocket expenses, gain cash, or create or defer income streams to either stay independent or obtain financial assistance